Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Husband, The Deacon

This past Sunday evening at our church, First Baptist Church of Euless, my sweet husband had the honor and privilege of being ordained as a deacon. Both of his parents and their spouses were able to attend as well as many of our dearest friends. As Pastor John said, it is not a position sought but recognition of service already being performed in the church. I am so incredibly proud of my husband!!! His heart is one that earnestly desires to bring God honor and glory through every aspect of his life. As his wife, I can truly say I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the way he lives his life. He has led our family by placing God as the center of our home. I am incredibly blessed to have a husband who before our son is even born so strongly desires to show and teach him the importance of Little Ian's relationship to our Lord. I cannot tell you how incredibly moving and important that is to me as Ian's mother and as Beau's wife. As Beau was being prayed over by the deacons of the church, God flooded my mind with how blessed I am to have such a man of God in my life. I love you so much, Beau, and am incredibly proud of you!!!

~ Cara



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Beau,
I am so proud of your new position as Deacon. What a humbling place of service! Cara, you are so lucky to have such a strong leader to serve and provide for your family. You will both make wonderful parents who will teach and model the Lord Jesus to your son. May God bless you and bless those who encounter your love for each other and for Jesus Christ.

The Williams... party of 4!