Our good friend Jen Fisher made Ian's cute, cute, cute and very delicious choo-choo train birthday cake patterned off of Ian's birthday invitations. It was just what I wanted, and Jen did a fabulous job! She also made the cutest little cake resembling a railroad crossing sign to go with our choo-choo train theme just for Ian, which I just knew he would devour once he had his first taste of birthday cake (see pics)!
I think balloons are just too fun and thought my little boy needed some at his 1st birthday party, so we decorated with blue, red, and yellow ones. Ian also had a big yellow "1" balloon to signify his big day! I also made a sign for the mantel that read "Happy 1st Birthday." As for the birthday cake table, it was decorated with a white table cloth adorned with blue, red, and yellow triangular-shaped pieces of material, five of them containing something extra special for Ian. Anique (aka Neekie), Ian's wonderful babysitter, using her sewing machine, cross-stitched an adorable train engine on one, the letters I-A-N on train cars on three others, and a cute caboose on the final one. I absolutely loved it! And we will be keeping them as a special keepsake from Ian's 1st birthday party. Thank you, Anique! Ian's baby book, his name train, a framed picture of him, and a balloon grouping with his "1" balloon were all part of his birthday cake table. The table turned out so cute! We also had little sandwiches, a cheese tray, fruit with yummy dip, a cheese ball, and banana crush punch for everyone to enjoy.
Ian opened gifts once everyone arrived. Well, Mommy did most of the opening, but I think Ian was pleasantly surprised once his gifts were unvailed. He got lots of great toys, clothes, puzzles, and books. His big gift from Mommy and Daddy was his very own cool blue car to ride in when we take family walks through the neighborhood!
After opening presents, it was time for cake! Ian, dressed in diaper only, was about to have one of his mommy's most favorite things. . .birthday cake! With his "1" candle in his little cake, everybody sang "Happy Birthday." And then, Ian put five of his little fingers in the icing and immediately did not like it! Lots of crying followed with not one bite of cake tasted by my birthday boy! He so missed out! My girls got some great pics of this momentous event!
Ian had a wonderful birthday party! He seemed a little overwhelmed with all the attention he got. Ian's Meme and Mac celebrated with us at dinner after the party. We were so happy so many of our family and friends were able to celebrate Ian's big day with us! It was a very special day for our very special boy.
Our baby boy is 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Lots of pictures! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show! I had some help from Beau on this one!
Be sure and click the speaker for great birthday music!)
3 comments:
Yeah!! I was hoping we would get to see Ian's birthday pictures. He had a great 1st birthday party! We loved all the added details like Grandpa's and Grandnanna's birthday hats and the cousin picture complete with costumes! Wish we could print that one out. Too funny! Luke did not appreciate his red nose though. Hope to see you soon! Love, The Stansells
So fun! Every moment was really captured. Ian is awesome! :)
Cara, I loved the birthday party pictures (in a couple of years have Hanky perform a puppet show - ha!). Ian's most definitely got the Stansell in him! He looks precious!!!
Post a Comment