One year ago today, I dropped my nine-week-old baby boy off at his babysitter's house. Like a lot of mommies faced with going back to work, my heart was sad. I could not imagine having to be away from my baby for even one minute. Thankfully, I had the best babysitter in the world taking care of my baby!
It was certainly a God thing when I look back on how Anique came to be Ian's babysitter. My field of work, court reporting, has no set schedule. My work consists mostly of doing pre-trial depositions in civil law, TxDOT eminent domain hearings, and workers' compensation hearings. There are days my job lasts less than an hour, and there are days my job takes all day. And there are even days I don't take a job at all. And we needed a babysitting situation that would work with my work schedule. Thankfully, God knew that, too!
God worked out the details when we couldn't! Anique just so happens to be a good friend of ours from Sunday School! She just so happens to love children! She just so happens to stay at home! She just so happens to live literally right around the corner! She just so happens to be extremely flexible! And she just so happens to love our baby!
Isn't it just too cool when you get to see God work out the details of your life right before your eyes?!?! I think so!
We are truly blessed to have "Neekie" as Ian's babysitter! She is gentle with him. She loves to play with him and teach him things. She cares for him in a way that truly touches my heart.
And now I can ask Ian, "Do you want to go see Neekie," and what I get is a big smile and an excited little boy ready to go see his Neekie! How that warms my heart!
Thank you, Anique, for loving my baby and for being my friend. You will always have a special place in my heart.
Ian meets Neekie for the first time!It was certainly a God thing when I look back on how Anique came to be Ian's babysitter. My field of work, court reporting, has no set schedule. My work consists mostly of doing pre-trial depositions in civil law, TxDOT eminent domain hearings, and workers' compensation hearings. There are days my job lasts less than an hour, and there are days my job takes all day. And there are even days I don't take a job at all. And we needed a babysitting situation that would work with my work schedule. Thankfully, God knew that, too!
God worked out the details when we couldn't! Anique just so happens to be a good friend of ours from Sunday School! She just so happens to love children! She just so happens to stay at home! She just so happens to live literally right around the corner! She just so happens to be extremely flexible! And she just so happens to love our baby!
Isn't it just too cool when you get to see God work out the details of your life right before your eyes?!?! I think so!
We are truly blessed to have "Neekie" as Ian's babysitter! She is gentle with him. She loves to play with him and teach him things. She cares for him in a way that truly touches my heart.
And now I can ask Ian, "Do you want to go see Neekie," and what I get is a big smile and an excited little boy ready to go see his Neekie! How that warms my heart!
Thank you, Anique, for loving my baby and for being my friend. You will always have a special place in my heart.
(2 days old)

Lunch with Mommy at Neekie's house.
(5 weeks old)
(5 weeks old)







1 comment:
What a blessing! Anique and Cassie have been wonderful to our children. How amazing the way God works! Congrats Anique (and Ian) for one year!
Post a Comment