We celebrated Easter back home in Snyder, Texas, where Beau and I grew up. It was great to be home! We hadn't been back to my parents' since Christmas. Saturday morning my brothers' families and mine traveled to Lubbock for what we hoped would be a decent family picture. More about that on another post! My family on my dad's side had its annual family reunion on Saturday. Ian got to hunt Easter eggs with all of his cousins. The wind was blowing like crazy, but he didn't seem to mind too much. And I got to show off my Mister to family I wish I saw more of! I missed getting to see my cousin Cynthia and her sweet family. Early evening Saturday we had another Easter egg hunt in my parents' backyard for the kids. Rachel, Luke, Kate, and Ian were on a mission to find more eggs! And I got some sweet pictures of Ian's egg hunting! Sunday morning, Ian discovered the Easter Bunny left him something, an Easter basket! Dressed in our Sunday best, we went to Calvary Baptist, the church Beau grew up in, to worship the real reason we celebrate Easter, Our Risen Savior. I wrote a post before Ian was born I'd like to share with you that seems fitting for this occasion. You can read it
here. I have reason to celebrate because My Savior Lives! And because He Lives, I know that when my life here on this earth is over, I will meet my Savior face-to-face in Heaven and spend eternity with Him because of the Cross! What a great reason to celebrate!
Here's a few of my favorite pictures of Ian from our Easter weekend!




* * * * * *



No comments:
Post a Comment