Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of School

Ian started a new pre-k school year this week!  He missed his official first day, Monday, because he was sick, but after a visit to the doctor, he was cleared to go to his new school and meet his new friends and teacher on Tuesday, even without his little voice!

He will be attending First United Methodist Church of Euless Pre-School Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. with the opportunity to stay for enrichment classes until 2:00 p.m.

Ian is going to a smaller school than last year, and I am very excited about this for many reasons!!!  The Lord is good because He knows the many tears I cried leading up to our decision to leave Sonshine.  I have an incredible peace about his new school and the adventure he will have this year, a peace only the Lord can give.  It is evident God has equipped his teachers with the ability to help Ian with the challenges he faces, and I am excited to see how much he learns this year! It's good for Momma to feel her baby is not going to be overlooked and is going to be made a priority in order to see him succeed in life, even at this tender age!!!

And a perk for me!!!  When it's time to pick Ian up, I simply pull up to the awning-covered door, and they bring him to the car, put him in his seat, and we're off!!!  You have no idea how excited I am about that!!! :)

Ian had a great first day of school, and I can't wait to watch my little boy grow this year!!!

~ First Day Of School at FUMC ~





2 comments:

Chris and Alanna said...

I hope Ian had a wonderful first day of school!! I love how big the backpack looks on his little person. He is so precious and such a big boy now. We love you Ian!!

Deb said...

He looks so big more like 5. What a precious little boy. So cute on his first day of Pre-K. Grammy and Papaw love you Mister!