It's been a BIG week for our family!!! Our big boys began a new school year!!! And it's not just any school year for our biggest boy!!! Ian is an official Kindergartner!!!
We've talked about Kindergarten all summer!! Every time we'd pass by his school, Ian would yell out, "Kindergarten!! Mrs. Webb!!" We've even "checked the next number" on our calendar every day this summer counting down the days till his first day of Kindergarten! August finally got here, and Ian was so excited!!
Mac is in the PPCD (Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities) that he started when he turned 3 in February of this year. He was happy to be back in his class on Meet the Teacher night! We are excited to see what a difference a year makes with our little guy!!
I made each of my school boys their favorite breakfast, blueberry muffins for Ian and cinnamon rolls for Mac. Our morning was full of excitement and ran very smoothly with plenty of time for "first day" pictures!!
Ian ~ Our Kindergartener
Mac ~ Our Preschooler
Sweet boy!!
One last hug from Daddy before Beau took Mac to his first day at West Hurst Elementary a few miles from our house!! Tye tagged along, too! I wish I could have gone to both of my boys' first days with them!!
My favorite part of Ian's first day for me was getting to walk with him to school!! I was pregnant with Ian when we bought our house in the summer of 2007. I remember back then thinking about how fun it was going to be to one day walk with him to the elementary school in our neighborhood, a block from our house. And then I blinked, and here we are!!
So glad he was having a good time!! Helped my heart!!
Ian is now a River Trails Tiger!!
Fun bulletin board Ian's teacher put together!!
We were fortunate to find out who Ian's teacher was going to be when we went for Kindergarten Kick-Off in May. We talked about her all summer as well and prayed for her. She is young and fun and loves her Kindergarteners!! I've heard great things about her!! God has given me such a peace about Mrs. Webb that I am so thankful for!!
There were no tears when it was time for me to go. I left my Kindergarten Boy happy, which made my heart happy! I lingered a little outside his classroom just to observe him without me there and to take in the moment. It took him a minute to notice me, but when he did, he came running out the door to give me one last hug and kiss good-bye!!
11 o'clock came quickly! Time to go get my Mackers!! He has four new friends in his class, and one of his teachers is new to us, Ms. Rogers. Ms. Kaiye said Mac had a good first day back!!
3 o'clock couldn't get here fast enough for me to go pick up Ian to see how his first day went!! He was super excited to tell me about a little friend of his from his Preschool last year that is in his class!! From the sounds of it, he had a great first day!!
We pray our big boys have a GREAT year at school!!!




























2 comments:
Precious boys! I will be anxious to see more...love you, aunt gwen
Look at those big boys going to school!! I can't believe Ian is a Kindergartener this year!! I am so glad he had such a good first week. I hope he has a GREAT school year!! Mac was so sweet in his pictures too! Looks like they were both pretty excited for the first day of school!!
Post a Comment