Friday, May 23, 2008

Ian's Twelfth Week

Twelve whole weeks we've had our little boy!!! Here's what Ian experienced in his twelfth week of wonderful living!!!

The first picture in this PhotoShow is my attempt at working at home on a transcript for the first time while Ian took a nap since his babysitter, Anique, was in California. I pulled his swing to the front of the house and put it in the hallway between his room and the guest room where my desktop computer is. All set and ready to work! I was hoping for one of those two-hour naps Ian sometimes has. I didn't get the two hours I was hoping for, but he did sleep for a good hour, and I was able to get some editing done on my transcript.

Friday night Ian got to see his friends Jasmine and Austin! We got together with our friends the Spiveys for dinner at Ryan's Steakhouse and then went back to their house and had some fun playing Spades! Ian and Austin worked on their tummy time together, and for the first time, we got some pictures of the daddies with their boys. We had a great time!!! Ian had such a good time, he slept seven hours that night!

Beau's mom, Debbie, came over Saturday morning to give me a gift for my first Mother's Day, lots and lots of pretty flowers! She planted white Begonias and pink Impatiens in the flower beds leading up to our door. And she got me the neatest thing! I call it a tree arm stand, which really doesn't make sense, but it's a stand with four arms that branch out at different levels each with a hook on it for a hanging plant. She got me three hanging baskets, pink Petunias, purple Petunias, and Sweet Potato Vine. They are so pretty!!! Thank you so much, Debbie, for taking time out of your Saturday to bring me such a wonderful gift for my first Mother's Day!!! I love my flowers!!! They bring a smile to my face every time I see them!!!

Saturday night Ian got to meet some of Beau's family he'd never met before! Beau's aunt and uncle, Vicki and Hal, and cousins Amy and Laura and Laura's husband, Jeremy, met us for dinner at Fuddruckers. We had lots of fun visiting and showing off our baby boy!!! Ian got some fun toys from his aunt and uncle, and mommy got a really neat memory book from Laura and Jeremy! And Amy sent Ian a sweet collection of lullaby CDs that he loves to listen to!!! Thank you for the gifts and for a wonderful time of visiting, Joyces and Kohuteks!!!

Sunday we celebrated my first Mother's Day, and I had a wonderful day!!! Beau bought gifts for Ian to give his mommy. I was given a Willow Tree figurine of a husband sitting down holding a new baby with the wife bent down looking over the husband's shoulder at the new little one. Beau and Ian also got me a wrought iron picture frame that holds three 8X10s that can either hang on the wall or sit on a table. I also got a sweet little book titled Mother to Son, Shared Wisdom from the Heart as well as a gift certificate to Macy's! Beau and Ian gave me the sweetest card with a message from both inside!!!

We spent Mother's Day with Beau's mom in Weatherford. She cooked roast with all the fixin's, and it was delicious!!! While we were there, Ian slept for over four hours!!!!

I was pretty emotional on Mother's Day. A sentence in the little book I had been given explains the emotions I felt so well. "At times, you will be blown away by the depth of your love for him." Wow!!!! I spent my first Mother's Day in deep thought being blown away by the depth of my love for my precious baby boy! I know I am truly blessed to be a mother! And I thank God for blessing me with my son!

I was also emotional because I know there are women in my life who deeply desire to be mothers and for some reason or another weren't this Mother's Day. My heart sincerely hurt for them. I have experienced what a blessing it is to be a mother, and I hope and pray that some day these women will experience it as well.

We took a meal to our friends Justin and Courtney Davis Tuesday night! It was our first time to see their baby girl, Cadence, and she is precious!!! Ian and Cadence had just met, but it was love at first sight!!! I don't know who made the first move, Ian or Cadence, but their love was sealed by the holding of little hands!!! So sweet!!!!

I took Ian over to my office on Wednesday to meet my boss, Steve, and Eddie and Toni. It's a long way to my office, almost 80 miles round trip, and at least an hour one way depending on the time of day. I made sure Ian had a clean diaper, was fed, and loaded him up for the long ride. I enjoyed introducing him to everybody!!! He slept the whole way there and the whole way back!!!

Anique, back from California, went shopping with me and Ian on Thursday. Ian loves his Neeki!!! I took some fun pictures of Ian and Anique in front of her house! She loves to show Ian the colorful pretty flowers in her front yard! And she tells me the yellow ones are his favorite, which happens to be my favorite color!

Here are a few things worth noting about Ian's twelfth week. He sat in his Bumbo seat for the first time. He likes it okay, but it's pretty hard for him to kick his legs while he's in it! He has began to slobber quite a bit. At first we thought he possibly could be teething but thought it was awfully early for that. Once I researched it in my Baby 411 book, I came to know that his salivary glands are producing more saliva getting ready for when his little body needs to digest solid foods. So no teethies yet! Just lots and lots of slobber! He loves to kick his legs, jibberjabber, and smile! And he loves, loves, loves his daddy, and likes it when Beau plays with him! Thank goodness he's back to eating normally!!! And we are getting more sleep in the McLeod household!!! Ian is getting pretty consistent at sleeping five hours at a time before waking up to eat!!!! I can't begin to tell you how great five continuous hours of sleep is!!!! It's wonderful!!!!

I just want to say I had a wonderful week with my baby boy!!! I would like to also say I love my husband so much, and I want to thank him for making me feel so special for my first Mother's Day!!!! What a blessing it is to be Ian's mother!!!!

~ Cara


No comments: