I've got lots of blogging to do...Christmas blogging! We'll see what all actually makes the blog since countdown to Baby Tye has begun!
Remembering the month of December...in the month of January!!! That's my style!
Let's begin with the decorating of our Christmas tree...
Ian was so excited to decorate the tree this year! He couldn't wait for Mommy to put the colored lights on, so he decorated while I worked around his decorating.
Ian thought I could use some help with all those colored lights! He was so proud of himself!
You can't tell from this picture, but some of Ian's decorating ideas was to just pile a whole bunch of ornaments onto a limb of the tree. :)
Aw! A fresh hair cut and putting the final touches on our tree!
Now that's a perfect spot! Well...I guess Ian did "hang" it on the tree!
Mac did so well with the tree! Of course, he was most interested in my favorite ornaments, the colored glass ones! But a few curious touches and he pretty much left the tree alone! Anytime he stopped to take a look, I would just say, "So pretty," and he would smile and back away from the tree! I'm so thankful that's all it took!
Love this pic with his hands folded!!! Precious baby boy!!!
We added some special ornaments this year...all made at school by the boys!! They are treasures for sure and will have a special place on our tree for years to come!!
{Ian's Santa handprint}
{Ian's 2011 school ornament}
{Ian's painted horse ornament}
{Mac's 2011 handprint snowman ornament}
And this ornament was Ian's favorite this year! It's a Santa bell. He enjoyed carefully ringing it several times a day! He also enjoyed turning the lights on each morning and turning them off before bedtime! He just loved our Christmas tree!
One of my hair clips made a special appearance on our tree...courtesy of Ian! I also found a small tube of toothpaste lying on a tree limb! Couldn't help but smile when making these discoveries!
I had a love/hate relationship with our Christmas tree this year. It's only a year old, and I had a lot of trouble with the pre-lit lighting. It's a gorgeous tree when all the lights work! But lights working or not, it made me so happy to see how much Ian loved our tree and enjoyed it this Christmas season!
















3 comments:
Oh, I love that picture of Mac looking at the tree, it is so precious and I laughed and laughed at the hair clip and toothpaste on the tree! So like Mr. Ian. How funny! They were so fun this year and really seemed to enjoy the season, not just the gifts. Precious boys!
So sweet
cute and precious pictures and fun times as a family. just think next year their will be 3 little boys. how lucky your and beau are to be parents of 3 little boys. the lord has blessed you both.
Post a Comment