Thursday, February 28, 2013
Tears of Joy. . .
That's what's running down my face right this very instant!!! Tears of pure and complete joy! God gave Beau and I a precious gift during our bedtime routine with our boys tonight. Our precious three-year-old little boy who has significant speech delays with a big smile on his face just sang most of the words to "The Itsy Bitsy Spider," "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star," "ABCs," and "Wheels on the Bus." He told us with little nudging over 10 different animal sounds!!! This is H-U-G-E!!!! And if that wasn't awesome enough, each night as I'm closing their door, I tell the boys "Good night. I love you." Before I could get the words out of my mouth, Mac yelled, "I love you!!" It's taken three years of praying, praying one day I'd hear my little boy say the sweetest words you could ever hear from your child, "I love you"! It's like a switch has been turned on, like a puzzle being put together! Until very recently, Mac has not been verbal. He still struggles to even form the word "Momma." But oh how he smiles now when he gets the Ma-ma sound to come from his mouth! And I smile the biggest smile back at my little boy!!! My heart is overjoyed at the world that my little boy seems to be waking up to!!!! Praise God for answered prayer!!!! Praise God for my precious little boy!!! I've got lots more tears to shed as I watch what the Lord is going to do with our Mac!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! I'm so excited for little Mackers. He has such a sweet spirit and now, to be able to say he loves you, even though we all already knew that he does. What a terrific blessing that must have been, to hear him say the words. I'm crying right along with you.
Thank you Lord Jesus for little Mackers and the precious gift that he is!! Thanking for your unending love and that you see the whole picture, even when we can't! I ask that you continue to bless Mac and that he continues to make huge strides in his development.
That is just precious, bring tears to this momma's heart!
Praise the Lord for this gigantic blessing. You and Beau have experienced God's hand so many times with your boys especially. How wonderful to know truly He cares for us in every aspect of life. You are truly blessed!
This makes me so happy every time I think of little Mac!! We love him so much and are praying for continued progress!!
Post a Comment