Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nap Nanny

What would you pay for a good night's sleep after having a baby?

After Mac was born and we brought him home, we started noticing he would get real congested at night and didn't like lying flat on his back to sleep because he couldn't breathe. This presented a problem being that the sleeping arrangements I had prepared for him was the bassinet with a plain ol' flat mattress.

We came up with a plan to place him in a papasan chair in between us in our bed so that he was on an incline making it more comfortable for him to breathe and using a humidifier to moisten the air. That worked for about a week. Beau and I both got tired of rolling into the metal legs of the papasan chair in the middle of the night. Mac was getting some rest, but we sure weren't!

So we had to come up with a new plan! And I did not want the new plan to involve the papasan chair in our bed or me sleeping in the living room in the recliner holding Mac all night, which was what I was doing prior to the papasan arrangement. I needed my bed back!!!

Ever heard of a Nap Nanny? It has been the solution to our problem!!! This chair thingamajig keeps babies at a 30-degree angle, which is just what Mac needed in order to help him be able to breathe. It's his own little happy place!!! I placed a car seat head stabilizer in it to help his head be a little more comfortable, which has worked out well. And I love that the Nap Nanny fits right in his bassinet but it can go all over the house!

The little guy seems to really like his Nap Nanny!!! It was expensive, but because of it, we're now getting the rest that we need. And in our opinion, that makes it worth it!!!



2 comments:

Adriane and Bryan said...

Yay! I'm glad it's working!!! He is just getting cuter and cuter!

Unknown said...

I miss you and can't wait to see you and Mac soon. Love you!