Tuesday, March 30, 2010

S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D!!!!!!!!

Can you say stressed?!?!

It's been a little stressful around here. Okay. A lot stressful. Three weeks into my maternity leave, I got a phone call from my office saying an attorney needed a transcript on a job I had taken back in July of last year. A week and a half later, I got another call from the office. An attorney in a different case needed a transcript from a job I had taken back in June of last year.

I couldn't believe it. Two jobs close to 500 pages total!!! I would need an insane amount of hours in order to get them done. Do you know how many hours I have to sit down at a computer, headphones on, all 10 fingers available for typing, don't even mention the ability to focus? Literally none!

And that's just the way it should be. I shouldn't have to stop being fully devoted to my precious newborn baby boy and Ian in order to work on transcripts! My job description right now...Mommy! Can a girl get a few weeks after she's given birth to just love on her babies and not think about stinkin' work?!?!

~ Lovely, I know! ~

But after weeks of working in small increments when I wasn't holding, feeding, loving on my baby boy, after waking up early and staying up late in order to get just a few more pages edited, after Beau helping with the boys when he could so I could work, after Ian's Meme taking him for an afternoon for several hours so I could get some work done, and after my Mom literally rescuing me by coming and keeping the boys and cleaning my house this past weekend, THE JOBS ARE FINALLY FINISHED!!!!!!!!!

I can now go back to doing the job I love most, being Ian and Mac's Mommy.

Happy Dance!!!! Happy Dance!!!!

~ I got my Mommy back!!! ~
Life is grand!


I am incredibly grateful to Beau, Meme, and my Mom for helping me with the boys!!!!!

And I've added another month to my maternity leave since I've spent the past month working!!!
Yea, me!!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm right there with you! I don't know that I actually took much leave since I worked on bed rest, worked after Abby's birth since she was in the NICU, then worked in the hospital at Cooks.And now when I can finally take my leave, its audit season and I have tons of work staring at me.

It is hard but rewarding being a mommy, a job that is never ending and filled with the blessing of changing us from the inside out. IT is wonderful being a Mom.

Chris and Alanna said...

Look at that BIG boy!! I LOVE the smiling picture of Mac!! He looks like such a happy well fed little boy!! I can't wait to see him on Sunday!!

I am so sorry this has been such a stressful time for you. I am glad it is now over and you can go back to being just Mommy for awhile longer.