So my husband so kindly offered to help alleviate some of the stress I was feeling last week and run a little errand for me. A trip to the post office. Harmless, right?You see, what I had given him to mail were baby shower invitations I had made with my own two hands with cute scrapbooking paper, a little jewel to jazz it up a bit, and a good bit of time trying to make them just perfect! The envelope was even cute, if I do say so myself.
Much to my horror, Sunday afternoon I found a book of The Simpsons stamps in Beau's car, to which he exclaimed, "That's all they had whenever I went to the post office to mail the invitations."
My mouth dropped open. I was speechless for a moment. "YOU PUT STAMPS OF THE SIMPSONS ON MY CUTE HAND-MADE BABY SHOWER INVITATIONS!?!?!"
What could I do? The invitations had been mailed. The invitees had probably already received them. He did just what I had asked, even going into the post office to have them weighed so they received the correct postage to assure their delivery.
Laugh. That's just what I did. And every time I think about these poor ladies opening their mailbox to find my hand-made baby shower invitations stamped with Homer Simpson's ugly face on the front of the envelope, I just have to laugh!
My apologies to Rachel on what was supposed to be cute invitations, stamps and all!
3 comments:
The invitations are soooo cute I didn't even notice the stamp!
Thank you for handmaking such a wonderful invitation and keepsake. My mom even called me as soon as she received hers because of how great they looked without mention of the Simpsons :).
I'm sorry...but that is hysterical! Just think...you made a great memory even better!
Oh my word, that makes me laugh!!!
Post a Comment