Monday, February 8, 2010

Mac's Nursery

Our original nursery plans for Mac all changed last Sunday after another great craigslist.com find! We decided Saturday afternoon it would be nice to have a glider in his room. So I went to searching craigslist and found the perfect one for the perfect price! The seller was also selling the cutest table ever that we ended up buying as well! We brought them home, put them in his room, and instantly fell in love with the white furniture against the light blue walls!

Our original plans were to wait and use Ian's cherry wood crib and dresser for Mac. Ian isn't ready for a transition to a "big boy bed" just yet, so the plan was to wait three months or so while Mac would be in our room and make a better assessment of Ian's readiness then. Beau and I both were not confident about this decision, but that was the plan . . . until last Sunday!

Decision time. Do we go ahead and buy a crib for Mac? What would we use for a changing table? What about a dresser? Last time I checked, none of our trees are growing money, so our decisions would also have to factor in cost!

Well, we made some decisions. Decisions we are very happy with! I had a dresser I had found on craigslist a few months back for Ian's room once we moved his dresser and crib into Mac's room. We spray painted the dresser a nice white and, viola, Mac has a dresser! I went to searching for a nice yet cheap white crib. Found the perfect one at a perfect price online. Five days later, Mac has a crib on our doorstep ready for assembly! It's big trash week in our neighborhood. Someone had placed a changing table on their curb. We snagged it with the intentions of giving it some tender loving care, mainly spray paint, and using it. And what can I say! It was free! But the tender loving care this changing table needed was a lot greater than we had originally thought. My sweet mom's gift to us, a changing table! So it's still free! Thanks, Mom! We were able to get five pieces of furniture for a fraction of what we paid for Ian's crib and dresser, which made us extremely happy!!!

I've had the bedding and a few things stored away for a while for his nursery. I just didn't think we would actually have a put-together nursery before Mac was born! So I am so very excited that the week before his arrival, our plans changed and now he has a place to call his very own! All that is really left to finish the room is adding a few things to the shelves and some precious newborn pictures of our sweet baby boy to make his nursery just perfect! Beau and I already love it to pieces!

I have to say a BIG "thank you" to my mom for helping us make Mac's nursery so sweet and special! She was here all weekend and even stayed an extra day Monday to help us put his room together and get organized before he gets here Wednesday! Hey, better late than never, right?!?!

Thank you, Mom, for all your hard work and for the special time we shared together!!! I love you so much!!!

So here it is!!! Ready for a sweet baby boy due to arrive in just ONE day!!!

~ Mac's Nursery ~
(It was really hard taking pictures because of the depth of his room, so I've included a little video tour as well!)

~ Crib With Bedding ~

~ Name Above The Crib ~

~ View of Crib With Name ~

~ Changing Table With Baskets For Storage ~

~ Shelf Above Changing Table ~

~ Diaper Stacker ~

~ View of Changing Table With Diaper Stacker and Shelf ~

~ Glider With Table and Lamp ~



~ Shelf Above Glider and Table ~

~ Basket For Toys ~

6 comments:

Chris and Alanna said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it Cara.....it looks awesome!!!! The white furniture looks great with the blue and green. I can't wait to see it in person. I don't know how you were able to do everything just a few days before arrival. You and your mom must be exhausted!!!

Just ONE more day!!!

SpiveyTales said...

It looks like such a sweet and precious nursery for little Mac! I really love it! :) 1 more day!!!!!!!!! I'll call you in a little bit!

Brent and Rachel Fisher said...

It looks AWESOME Cara! I can't believe you guys did all this work! Can't wait to meet Mac and I'm sure he will absolutely love his new room.

The Moores said...

Great job again! I loved Ian's nursery & Mac's is just as cute. We are praying for safe delivery and for you & Mac tomorrow! Big day!!!

Melissa said...

I pray tomorrow goes great! Tell Dr. Walters I said Hi! By God's grace maybe we'll make it home around the same time you bring Mac home from the hospital. Enjoy your new little bundle, can't wait to see if he has red hair - I bet he does!

Melissa

Linda said...

You and your mother did a great job on the nursery.you have a very talented mother.